The Christian Godde Project
||is the work of women and men
who are called by the Holy Spirit
to help restore gender equity in churches
by exploring the Divine Feminine within the Christian Godde.
We believe that since women as well as men are created in Godde's image (cf. Gen. 1:27),
Godde is revealed in Scripture using feminine as well as masculine imagery (cf. Isa. 66:13). In addition, we believe that Divine Wisdom reveals the Divine Feminine in all three "persons" of the Trinity:
- As a feminine personification of Godde in the Jewish Wisdom literature, Divine Wisdom reveals Godde as Mother (cf. Prov. 8:1-9:6);
- as the incarnation of Godde in the New Testament, Jesus is identified with Divine Wisdom (cf. Matt. 11:19; 1 Cor. 1:30);
- and as the Holy Spirit, Divine Wisdom is revealed as Godde in action (cf. Wis. 7:22ff).
Divine Wisdom is not a "fourth person" in the Trinity but a key to understanding the Divine Feminine insofar as She reveals Godde.
Active participants in the Christian Godde Project are asked to respect the Apostles' Creed as a foundational expression of Christian faith.
The Christian Godde Project includes:
- Godde - the Divine Feminine: A collection of essays exploring humanity as the image of Godde and of Godde as fully masculine, fully feminine while transcending both.
- The Divine Feminine Version (DFV): A free version of the New Testament, gender-inclusive in reference to humanity and feminine in reference to Godde.
Those who are called by Godde's Spirit to become a part of The Christian Godde Project are invited to visit our blog on WordPress.